Some say soup is only acceptable during colder months- I strongly disagree. If you're an all-year soup lover, you must try this fresh spring-inspired soup!
It features a special ingredient: roasted radishes!
If you haven't tried roasting radishes yet, you MUST! Roasted radishes are nothing like raw radishes (spicy, crispy, pungent). Roasting them turns them into a sweet, mellow, potato-like jewel.
They make a delicious side as they are, but blending them yields the most creamy and silky soup. You will love it!
Overview: How to Make Roasted Radish + Dill Soup with Crispy Leeks
- Prepare and roast the radishes.
- Prepare and crisp the leeks. Set aside for topping.
- In a large pot, saute the leeks and garlic.
- Deglaze the pan and add in vegetable broth.
- Pour into a high speed blender, add the roasted radishes and dill, and blend on high until creamy and smooth.
- Pour back into the pot and stir in the coconut milk and lemon juice. Heat until warmed through.
- Ladle into soup bowls, top with crispy leeks and enjoy!
Ohh I’ve been looking for a new soup with roasted veggies. I haven’t cooked with radishes or leeks before so I’m excited! Thanks for the recipe.
I hope you love it! Roasting the radishes really gives them a whole new creamy flavour and texture. So this soup almost turns out to be like a creamy potato soup. Enjoy!